[MMTK] Minimization module

vanitha at cs.wisc.edu vanitha at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:19:24 CET 2005

I tried running "python compile.py" within Examples/LangevianDynamics
and I got the following error:

 python compile.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "compile.py", line 5, in ?
    MMTK.Installation.compileModules()
  File "/u/v/a/vanitha/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Installation.py",
line 68, in compileModules
    copyMakefile()
  File "/u/v/a/vanitha/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Installation.py",
line 45, in copyMakefile
    raise IOError, \
IOError: Makefile.pre.in not found; check the Python installation

I'm not using the default Python Installation from usr/bin but from
$HOME/bin and I see that my puthon-2.4.2 directory has the Makefile.pre.in
file. Would it help if I copied this over to the LangevianDynamics folder?

Thanks,

- Vanitha