[MMTK] Re: Problems with FC4, gcc4.0.1 build

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Mon Nov 7 22:23:50 CET 2005

On 07.11.2005, at 15:05, Dr. Seth Olsen wrote:

> Thanks!  I am trying 2.5.10 now and the previous problem seems to
> have gone.  I have run into another issue, related to the
> MMTK_energy_term.  Is this the new Pyrex-coded force field module?
> The output reads:

Yes, that's the new force field term that does a callback to Python
code.

> building 'MMTK_energy_term' extension
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe -Wp,-
> D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4 -
> fasynchronous-unwind-tables -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fPIC -
> DEXTENDED_TYPES -IInclude -I/usr/include/python2.4 -c Src/
> MMTK_energy_term.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Src/MMTK_energy_term.o
> Src/MMTK_energy_term.c: In function
> '__pyx_tp_new_16MMTK_energy_term_PyEnergyTerm':
> Src/MMTK_energy_term.c:580: error: invalid lvalue in assignment

That looks like a packaging error... Pyrex 0.9.3 produced that kind
of code that gcc 4 would not accept. Pyrex 0.9.3.1 fixed this, and I
thought I had recompiled the module, but apparently not. That should
be easy to do...

> I do have Pyrex v. 0.3.9 installed, and it seems to be ok (no
> problems importing from the interpreter, and there's only one
> interpreter install).

You don't need Pyrex at all, because MMTK contains the C version.
Your own Pyrex is not even used in the build process. You need Pyrex
only to compile the Pyrex example force field terms in the Examples
directory.

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin (CEA-CNRS), CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr