[MMTK] Using VMD for visualisations - colors

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Mon Oct 24 21:38:23 CEST 2005

On 24.10.2005, at 19:49, Peter wrote:

> The problem is specifying colours for visualisation in VMD does not
> work.  I either seem to get red or blue (only).

You have to use VMD 1.6 or earlier to get the correct colours.
Starting from VMD 1.7, the colour handling was changed, and with it
the specification of colours in VMD scripts. It is no longer possible
to specify arbitrary colours as RGB values, only a set of predefined
colours can be accessed by name or by colour index.

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin (CEA-CNRS), CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr