[MMTK] MMTK with VMD on Mac OSX

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Thu Jul 21 18:09:23 CEST 2005

On Jul 21, 2005, at 16:32, Ryan Bannen wrote:

> When I run the script that I had attached to my initial email, it now
> successfully launches VMD however neither
> the protein nor the .dcd file loads.   All I see is the standard VMD
> startup screen.  Is there an additional path
> that needs to be fixed?

Most probably this is a problem with the script in /usr/local/bin/vmd.
Here is mine:

#!/bin/bash
xterm -e '/Applications/VMD
1.8.3.app/Contents/Resources/VMD.app/Contents/MacOS/VMD' $*

You may have to adjust the location of the executable. The problem you
describe occurs if the "$*" at the end of the second line is missing.

If someone has a solution that uses Apple's Terminal instead of xterm,
I'd like to see it. It's a bit unelegant to have to have X11 running
just to launch VMD. However, I didn't spend too much time on this
aspect.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr