[MMTK] Visualization with VMD

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Fri May 27 11:34:11 CEST 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 2:08, Vasisht R. Tadigotla wrote:

> When I check os.environ['PDBVIEWER'] in IDLE, it's set to /usr/bin/vmd
>
> Is there something else I need to configure before I can get VMD to
> work?

The only other condition I can think of is that /usr/bin/vmd must be
executable.

Note also that it is generally not considered a good idea to add files
to /usr/bin under MacOS. Apple recommends not to touch /usr/bin,
/usr/lib etc. (in order to be sure that MacOS updates won't break
anything) and put non-Apple stuff into /usr/local/...  But that is not
related to your problem.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr