[MMTK] bus error with Minimization module

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Wed Apr 13 17:14:43 CEST 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 15:14, mmtk-bounces at python.net wrote:

> Hi,  i' am new to MMTK, and trying to performe a normal Modes
> analysis, i receive an error message while importing the Minimization
> module:

> zsh: bus error  python
>
> What could be happening,  and what can i do in order to remediate it?

A crash with an import statement always points to an installation bug.

Statistically, most such problems somehow concern netCDF, which could
be incompletely installed, or multiple installations could cause
confusion.

The second most frequent cause is a confusion due to multiple Python
versions installed on the same machine.

The most thorogh solution is to redo the installation of all required
items from source code. I have never seen this fail on any machine.

Konrad.

PS: Your message didn't make it to the list because you are not
subscribed. Please do so, otherwise I can't guarantee that your message
will be seen by anyone.
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr