[MMTK] Fatal Python Error with NormalMode

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Wed Feb 23 18:56:13 CET 2005

On 23.02.2005, at 14:38, Justin Lemkul wrote:

> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort trap

I have never seen that error message myself, but it seems to be
characteristic (on a Mac) for using a module compiled for the Fink
Python with the Apple Python interpreter or vice versa. This can easily
happen for modules that are not installed system-wide, as the
PYTHONPATH variable is shared by both interpreters.

> That's when the error came back up.  I am running Python 2.4, Numeric
> 23.7,
> Scientific 2.4.3 on
> Mac OSX 10.3.

Is that Python 2.4 from Fink, or did you install your own? Are you sure
you never used Apple's Python (which is 2.3)?

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr