[MMTK] Fatal Python Error with NormalMode

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:38:33 CET 2005

Hello all,

I was working my way through some examples packaged with MMTK (now that it's
up and
running - thanks to all who helped along the way!) and I have come across a
problem.  I was
trying to run vector_field.py and I was given the following error:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap

So I ran the program line by line within the Python shell and determined that
the error occurs
after the line

>>>modes = NormalModes(universe)

That's when the error came back up.  I am running Python 2.4, Numeric 23.7,
Scientific 2.4.3 on
Mac OSX 10.3.

Any ideas?

Thanks,