[MMTK] simplied peptide model

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Mon Feb 21 16:52:12 CET 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 15:53, Shirley Siu wrote:

> I am trying to use MMTK for constructing a peptide, to be used
> in simulation afterwards. I am completely new to MMTK, and wondering if
> anybody do the same before? and what is the proper way of building the
> model, if I am given only the residue sequence.

Building the model is rather easy:

	from MMTK.Proteins import PeptideChain
	chain = PeptideChain(['ala', 'gly', 'ile', 'pro'])

However, you cannot do much with such a model. Most operations provided
in MMTK require atomic coordinates. If you are looking for a tool that
will generate atomic coordinates for you, MMTK is not the right one, at
least not at the moment. However, you can use some molecular builder to
create an initial configuration, and then load the result back into
MMTK for simulation purposes.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr