[MMTK] NetCDF Question

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Fri Feb 18 15:54:40 CET 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 15:28, Justin Lemkul wrote:

> I took a look at the Trajectory.py code, which (naturally) led me to
> the
> Scientific.IO directory.  I
> found the following files:
>
> NetCDF.py
> NetCDF.pyc

Those files are just a thin layer around a C module, which seems to be
missing on your system. It should be in Scientific.xxx, where xxx is
the value of sys.platform on your machine. The name is
Scientific_netcdf plus a platform-specific extension.

> I don't know exactly what the script is looking for when it tries to
> import
> NetCDF.  I recently
> installed NetCDF 3.6.0 under Python 2.4 and everything worked just
> fine.  Then

To get everything right, you must install ScientificPython *after*
installing netCDF, and either make sure that netCDF is in a standard
location (/usr, /usr/local, plus /sw for the Mac) or indicate the
installation path of netCDF to the installation script of
ScientificPython.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr