[MMTK] NetCDF Question

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 18 15:28:16 CET 2005

Hello all,

I was trying to run a minimization earlier, and I ran into the following
error:

>>> minimizer = SteepestDescentMinimizer(universe)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Minimization.py", line
109, in __init__
    Minimizer.__init__(self, universe, options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Minimization.py", line 46,
in __init__
    Trajectory.TrajectoryGenerator.__init__(self, universe, options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 916,
in __init__
    checkNetCDF()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 19,
in checkNetCDF
    raise Utility.MMTKError, \
MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the netCDF module is
missing.

I took a look at the Trajectory.py code, which (naturally) led me to the
Scientific.IO directory.  I
found the following files:

NetCDF.py
NetCDF.pyc

I don't know exactly what the script is looking for when it tries to import
NetCDF.  I recently
installed NetCDF 3.6.0 under Python 2.4 and everything worked just fine.  Then
I ran the
minimization...

Anyone have any ideas as to whether there is something else I need?

Thanks.
-Justin