[MMTK] MMTK Install

Peter mmtk at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 15:52:59 CET 2005

Justin Lemkul wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I am hoping that this will be the last of my bothersome newbie
> questions.  It has been a long ordeal getting my computer to work
> with MMTK, and I almost have it done.  My python2.3 was not
> configured for Tkinter (odd, I thought) so I went ahead and upgraded
> to 2.4 from python.org.  The new version now recognizes Tkinter, but
> cannot find MMTK, and gives me the standard error which we've all
> seen:
 >
 > ImportError: No module named mmtk

When you install a Python module (like MMTK) with (e.g. with the "python
setup.py install" command) it will be installed somewhere like the
lib/python2.X/site-packages directory, i.e. specific to python 2.X

(Where Python 2.X will be 2.3 or 2.4, whichever version of python you
used to run the setup script)

I think what has happened is you have MMTK installed under the Python
2.3, and not under Python 2.4

So I suggest you reinstall MMTK using Python 2.4 this time.

This page discusses this an other issues (found with Google)

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/articles/upgrading_python.html

Peter