[MMTK] Tk install problem

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Feb 7 15:02:39 CET 2005

I forgot to mention that I currently have Python v2.3 installed.

>===== Original Message From Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> =====
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone out there can help with (hopefully) the last of my
problems.  I am trying to install Tkinter on my Mac OSX 10.3.  The build and
install phases
of the Tcl/Tk scripts ran smoothly, concluding with such hopeful messages as
** BUILD
SUCCEEDED ** Apparently not, because when I tried to run Tkinter from a Python
prompt, I
received the following:

>> from Tkinter import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-tk
/
Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Does anyone know how I can fix this?  I have heard that I may need to
recompile Python, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.  Is there any easy
fix?

Thanks!
-Justin