[MMTK] Re: Auto-discard notification

khinsen at cea.fr khinsen at cea.fr
Fri Feb 4 14:21:17 CET 2005

On Feb 4, 2005, at 12:08, Nathalie Reuter wrote:

> Are there any problems with running MMTK on 64bits systems?

I have had a couple of reports of problems with netCDF, but perhaps the
new release 3.6 takes care of that. As for MMTK itself, the only
critical code part is the LAPACK code (which is machine-translated from
Fortran). On some 64-bit machines, it must be compiled with the
additional option "-D_LONG64_", otherwise normal mode calculations will
crash.

I have been using MMTK myself on 64-bit Alpha machines and on Opteron
machines running Linux, so there is no problem in principle. However,
MMTK has been less tested on 64-bit systems than on 32-bit.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr