[MMTK] result['info']

Mihali A. Felipe mihali.felipe at yale.edu
Mon Jan 10 17:46:24 CET 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 konrad.hinsen at laposte.net wrote:

> 1) Your version of LAPACK is different from mine (possible, there have
> been updates, which may or may not maintain compatibility). This is
> relevant only if you have installed the full Python LAPACK interface.
> Otherwise you are using the subset that comes with MMTK, which uses a
> subset of CLAPACK.
>
> 2) Data type sizes are sufficiently different in the 64-bit Linux that
> parameter passing to Fortran routines needs to be adapted.
>
> The second case sounds more likely, as I have never heard of
> LAPACK-related issues before. Do you know what sizes (in bits) the
> various C data types have on your machine?

Hello Konrad:

I know you asked for bits, but it's 8 times the following in our AMD
Opteron running SuSE 9.1 x86_64 (output from printf("X %d\n",
sizeof(X)); ) :

char          1
unsigned char 1
short         2
int           4
long int      8
unsigned int  4
float         4
double        8
*char         8
long long     8

It's 8 times the following in Xeons

char          1
unsigned char 1
short         2
int           4
long int      4
unsigned int  4
float         4
double        8
*char         4
long long     8

In other words, long int and char * are different. Would this cause a
problem? I am using the lapack that comes with mmtk.

Thanks again!

- Mihali

--
Mihali A. Felipe