[MMTK] result['info']

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Mon Jan 10 15:03:08 CET 2005

On Jan 10, 2005, at 3:54, Mihali A. Felipe wrote:

> scripts. My question is what is result['info'] and what does a value of
> -13 indicate? Is anyone using mmtk in a x86_64 linux? Thanks!

It is the result code of the LAPACK routine dgesvd that is called in
the line before the crash. -13 means that argument number 13 has an
illegal value. Argument number 13 is the size of the workspace array.

Since the size of the workspace array is calculated exactly using the
formula that LAPACK specifies for the minimal size, there are basically
two possibilities:

1) Your version of LAPACK is different from mine (possible, there have
been updates, which may or may not maintain compatibility). This is
relevant only if you have installed the full Python LAPACK interface.
Otherwise you are using the subset that comes with MMTK, which uses a
subset of CLAPACK.

2) Data type sizes are sufficiently different in the 64-bit Linux that
parameter passing to Fortran routines needs to be adapted.

The second case sounds more likely, as I have never heard of
LAPACK-related issues before. Do you know what sizes (in bits) the
various C data types have on your machine?

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr