[MMTK] speed

hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr
Tue Nov 9 14:21:20 CET 2004

On Nov 9, 2004, at 13:07, Christian Kristukat wrote:

> I've been trying some of the examples and I'm wondering what normal
> execution times are, e.g. backbone.py is still running since 1700 min
> on a P4 2.5Ghz. Is that normal?

Not at all, it should take a few seconds. On my 1.8 GHz Athlon, it
takes 7 s.

Unfortunately there are lots of possible reasons for programs getting
stuck, so I can't provide much help at the moment. You would have to
run Python under debugger control to figure out where it gets stuck.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr