[MMTK] building MMTK on a 64-bit FEDORA 2 machine

hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr
Wed Oct 6 16:07:27 CEST 2004

On 06.10.2004, at 15:28, Fernandez-Alonso, F (Felix) wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install MMTK on a 64-bit FEDORA 2 machine but thus far
> I cannot build Scientific Python with the NetCDF library. An extract
> from the build of Scientific Python is given below. The only two
> NetCDF rpms for my machine of which I am aware give identical results
> (netcdf-3.5.1-1.rhfc2.mr.x86_64.rpm, netcdf-3.5.1-0.fdr.0.x86_64.rpm).

I had a similar problem on a 64-bit Linux box that my lab had available
for testing for a few days. Unfortunately I didn't have time then to
analyze it completely, all I could figure out is that it had to do with
shared libraries. It's not just netCDF, I had similar problems with
various shared libraries called from Python modules.

> The error shown below seems to indicate that the only way out of this
> is to recompile NetCDF from source. Before I venture into that option
> I am hoping somebody out there might have a suggestion about the best
> way to proceed.

Compiling netCDF from source is a simple exercise, just try! It didn't
help in my case though.

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,