[MMTK] help for netcdf library under windows

Peter mmtk at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 19:57:10 CEST 2004

Christophe Ramseyer wrote:

 > Hi to you all,
 > We are just discovering python language and we try at the moment to
 > convert a data file to a binary one using netcdf library. It seems to
 > work badly under windows. I know that under LINUX everything is OK but
 > still, I want to test under Windows XP. Do anyone knows how to install
 > correctly this library under Windows ? Please help...
 > C.R.

Once I had a working setup, I did not notice any difference between the
behaviour of MMTK under linux and windows regarding netcdf.

I can confirm that on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP, MMTK can use the
Scientific python to talk to the netcdf library (for trajectory
information).

I have also compiled Scientific Python 2.4.6 including its netcdf on
windows, using MS Visual C++ 6.0.

However, I have only ever installed netcdf (on windows) using their
supplied binary DLL, as described here:

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation

Peter
MOAC Doctoral Training Centre, University of Warwick, UK