Fwd: Re: [MMTK] Fwd: scientific python

Vincent Kraeutler vincent at igc.phys.chem.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 4 10:16:51 CEST 2004

given that
-- many people seem to have trouble with python/netcdf,
-- and biosimgrid uses python binary pickles as native trajectory format
   (comparable in both size and access speed it seeems),
-- mmtk seems to use netcdf only for trajectory storage,
would it seem reasonable to propose the use of binary pickles for
mmtk trajectories as well? while i've been lurking this mailing list
for some time now, i'm not particularly familiar with the mmtk code
and therefore unable to assess the amount of work that would need to
go in there...

comments?

regards,
v.