[MMTK] Fwd: scientific python

Peter mmtk at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 2 11:33:21 CEST 2004

> From: Prashant Pai <prapai at email.unc.edu>
> Date: 1. Oktober 2004 18:56:33 MESZ
> To: "mmtk at starship.python.net" <mmtk at python.net>
> Subject: scientific python
>

> Hi Peter,
>
> I have having problems using Scientific Python 2.4.6 on Windows XP
> with Python 2.3.2. I think the problem may be due to the
> Scientific_netcdf.c not getting compiled.
>
> I get the following message.

> Fatal Python error: can't initialize module Scientific_netcdf
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way.
>
> thanks,
> prashant.

A little more information would help.  For example, did you use the
Windows Installer (ScientificPython-2.4.6.win32-py2.3.exe) or did you
compile from source (ScientificPython-2.4.6.tar.gz).

And how have you installed NetCDF?

Have a look at the start of the MMTK installations instructions, using
the windows installers:

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation

If you want to do this "the hard way" and compile the source code, then
I know this can be done with MS Visual C++ 6.0

Peter