[MMTK] Installation problem

Peter MMTK at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 22 14:56:04 CEST 2004

Rahul Thathoo wrote:

> HI. I have just installed the python 2.3 and mmtk and tried to run an
> example script given on the official mmtk site.  I am getting the
> following errors. I think there has been some error in installing the
> netcdf module. Can anyone please help me out here. Thanks.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:/Python23/py1.py", line 5, in -toplevel-
>     from MMTK import *
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\MMTK\__init__.py", line 30, in
> -toplevel-
>     from Scientific.Geometry import Vector
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific\Geometry\__init__.py",
> line 18, in -toplevel-
>     from VectorModule import Vector, isVector
>   File
> "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific\Geometry\VectorModule.py",
> line 11, in -toplevel-
>     import Numeric, types
> ImportError: No module named Numeric

You didn't say, but I assume from the error log that you are running on
some version of Windows.  I know MMTK works on both Windows 2000 and XP.

I recommend you read these instructions on the MMTK Wiki page:

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation

Sounds like the first problem is you have not installed Numeric Python
(numpy).  There are links to this on the Wiki page.

Peter