[MMTK] Administrational information

hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Aug 18 11:29:08 CEST 2004

During the last few weeks, spam messages sent to this list have
multiplied enormously to about four per day. You don't see any of them,
because the list server holds back messages from addresses that are not
subscribed for moderator approval. This means I get up to 10 messages
per day (including reminders) concerning spam to the MMTK mailing list.
Too much for my taste. So I changed the mailing list configuration to
silently discard all messages from unknown addresses.

For most of you that makes no difference, but I know that some are
subscribed with one address but send from another one. In the past that
merely caused a delay, but now their messages will not arrive on the
list.

The best solution for those who use multiple e-mail addresses is to
subscribe with all of them and then disable message delivery for all
but one. You can then post from any address, but receive messages only
once. If you cannot use this approach (for example because you cannot
receive the subscription confirmation e-mails to some address), then
contact me with an explanation of the situation, there are a few other
options available to the mailing list manager.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr