[MMTK] Sidechain residue name

hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed Aug 11 11:12:54 CEST 2004

On 09.08.2004, at 21:04, Terry Downing wrote:

>    I am looping over the side chain atoms of a protein in order to do
> some analysis.  Once I have selected the desired sidechain atoms, I
> would like to create a list of their residue names.  However, I cannot
> figure out how to access this infomation.  Any suggestions you could
> give would be greatly appreciated.

If "atom" is a sidechain atom, then "atom.parent" is the sidechain,
"atom.parent.parent" is the residue, and "atom.parent.parent.name" is
the residue name. However, you might be more interested in
atom.parent.parent.symbol, which is the three-letter residue code.

-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr