[MMTK] A rather annoying newbie question on the netCDF interface

Roger Jarvis r.jarvis at postgrad.umist.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 14:01:01 CEST 2004

Thankyou for responding so quickly.  Following your advice I decided to
uninstall everything and reinstall according to the instructions on Wiki
using the most up to date versions of the windows installers.  I now have
Python2.3.4, numarray1.0, netCDF3.5.0, pywin32-202 and
ScientificPython2.4.6.  I placed the netcdf.dll in to the
\\Scientific\win32 directory with Scientific_netcdf.pyd

Unfortunately, Python is still crashing when I do 'import
Scientific.IO.NetCDF' (or similar) and I'm getting the msg box appearing
with the error I reported yesterday.

> Did that help?
>
> If not, then some additional information like what version of Windows
> you are using, and if you have a C compiler, wouldn't hurt.

My windows version is XP professional, it's up to date with the numerous
patches from the windowsupdate site.  I have the freely downloadable
version of the MS Visual C++ compiler installed.  Let me know if further
information would help.

Many thanks,

Roger

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:35:07 +0100, Peter <mmtk at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

>>> If anyone can help me with the following problem then it would be
>>> much  appreciated.  I've been putting myself through the wringer
>>> trying to  get the netCDF interface working in Scientific.  I've
>>> installed the  following on windows...
>>>
>>> 1. Python 2.3.3 using Python-2.3.3.exe from python.org
>>> 2. Scientific python using ScientificPython-2.4.6.win32-py2.3.exe