[MMTK] A rather annoying newbie question on the netCDF interface

Peter peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 16:19:34 CEST 2004

Sorry Robin - I'm not sure what's wrong on your system:

I found a Windows XP machine without Python on it, ran windows update, and installed Python and MMTK following the Wiki instructions.

http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation

For the installers, I just used the default settings.  For netcdf, I just extracted netcdf.dll into C:\Windows\Sytem32:

Versions:

Python-2.3.4.exe
pywin32-202.win32-py2.3.exe
Numeric-23.1.win32-py2.3.exe
netcdf-3.5.0.win32bin.ZIP
ScientificPython-2.4.6.win32-py2.3.exe
MMTK-2.4.1.win32-py2.3.exe

I tested the argon.py example, and the following two one-liners:

import Scientific.IO.NetCDF

from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDFFile

All works fine here I'm afraid.

Peter

 Message date : Jul 14 2004, 01:54 PM