[MMTK] Visualization to an image file

hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Jul 9 16:07:05 CEST 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 14:46, Peter wrote:

> I suspect the easiest method may be to generate and call a VMD script
> file that loads a scene and then saves it (probably using the render
> snapshot command).

That would be my first idea as well. PyMOL is another candidate, and
you don't even have to generate and call scripts. However, you have to
have PyMOL and MMTK inside the same Python interpreter, which is tricky
to impossible with the precompiled PyMOL binaries, so you have to
compile PyMOL yourself.

Another approach would be to write a low-level graphics module that is
compatible to the VRML and VMD modules in Scientific Python (not a big
task if you know the target graphics system well). Ray tracers (e.g.
povray) would be the obvious target.

Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
E-Mail: hinsen at llb.saclay.cea.fr