[MMTK] segmentation fault and netCDF module problem

Hua Wong wong at ebgm.jussieu.fr
Mon May 24 15:30:00 CEST 2004

I recently installed MMTK from source and I am trying the examples.
I obtain error messages that are strangely as similar as those obtain by Siegfried Leung in this post:

http://starship.python.net/pipermail/mmtk/2004/000623.html

mostly when trying NormalModes > constrained_modes.py
and when trying Trajectories > calpha_trajectory.py

But I am sure I installed everything in the proper order using python 2.2.3

First, Numeric (NumPy) v23.1;
then netCDF v3.5.1;
ScientificPython v2.4.6;
and finally MMTK v2.4.1 (I had to tweak some of the .h files in order to build correctly, but nothing heavy, just some import path...);

Now, I am wondering if I made all the proper links to all the modules (I am not root), so, here are the lines I added to my .bashrc file :

export PYTHONPATH=/home/pif/wong/Softwares/MMTK/lib/python2.2/site-packages:/home/pif/wong/Softwares/MMTK/lib/python2.2/site-packages/Numeric

Can I ask if there is something I have done wrong? And what can i do about it.

Thanks