[MMTK] ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

Shirley Hui shirleyhui at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat May 8 07:45:43 CEST 2004

Yes I have the file Scientific_netcdf.pyd  in the directory
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific\win32.
I fiddle around some more:

It appears that when I install Scientific through the actual installer
(ScientificPython-2.4.5.win32-py2.3.exe) from the web page:
http://starship.python.net/~hinsen/ScientificPython/
It works and I have no problems running the command below.
However, when I try and compiling Scientific via the source, I get hte
following errors.
I was under the impression that i needed to compile the Scientific source
according to this site:
http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation
However, I don't believe this is necessary, infact installing Scientific via
the exe should probably be enough...

Next I compiled and installed MMTK.  I then tried running the command:

from MMTK.Dynamics import VelocityVerletIntegrator

to see if I installed MMTK properly, and I got the same thing happening as
above for Scientific.

I consulted the PYTHON help and noticed that you can set an environment
variable called PYTHONPATH to specify where Python should look for modules.
I set to that be C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages.  I opened a new command
prompt and now it's working!

shirley