[MMTK] ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat May 8 06:31:25 CEST 2004

Shirley Hui wrote:
>  >>> import Scientific.IO.NetCDF
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "Scientific\IO\NetCDF.py", line 131, in ?
>     from Scientific_netcdf import *
> ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

Did you check whether you have the Scientific_netcdf module? There should be a
file Scientific_netcdf.pyd in C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific\win32.

If you don't have it, try to compile Scientific Python after netcdf has been
installed. If I remember correctly, the netcdf stuff in Scientific Python gets
skipped during the installation if it cannot find netcdf at that time.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science