[MMTK] ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

Shirley Hui shirleyhui at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat May 8 06:13:49 CEST 2004

I followed the instructions to build Scientific.  I had also installed Numeric and NetCDF.
I built Scientific successfully as far as I can tell.  It copied a bunch of .py and compiled .py files into the python C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Scientific folder.
To test whether or not Scientific was working or not, I ran the following command and got this:

>>> import Scientific.IO.NetCDF
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "Scientific\IO\NetCDF.py", line 131, in ?
    from Scientific_netcdf import *
ImportError: No module named Scientific_netcdf

And after this a windows dialog popups up saying it can't find netcdf.dll in the path?
Where should netcdf.dll be located?  I've put this dll everywhere and python can't seem to find it!  I've put it in c:\winnt\system32, in the Scientific folder??

Does anyone know what I am missing?
thank you,
shirley