[MMTK] Error from Examples and 3D Vectors from Normal Modes

Siegfried Leung siegfried.leung at yale.edu
Mon Mar 22 05:52:18 CET 2004

Hi,

I am a new user to MMTK and linux, so please forgive me for my trivial
questions.

I have installed MMTK-2.4.1, Numeric-23.1, ScientificPython2.4.5,
netcdf-3.5.1 (all from source) in Redhat linux 9.0 which has python
2.2.  The installation of all the programs went throught without
errors.  However, when I tried modes.py from the normal mode example,
the calculation halted due to segmentation fault.  Then I looked
through each module, finding that the trajectory module did not seem
to work.  When I ran the trajectory_average.py from the trajectory
examples, I obtained the following the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "trajectory_average.py", line 16, in ?
    trajectory = Trajectory(None, 'bala1.nc')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 98,
in __init__
    checkNetCDF()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MMTK/Trajectory.py", line 19,
in checkNetCDF
    raise Utility.MMTKError, \
MMTKError: Trajectories are not available because the netCDF module is
missing.

I read from the archive that people encountered such problem before
with rpm, but since I installed the programs from source, I do not
know how I can fix this.

Also, I wonder if it is possible to obtain the normal modes in
3N-dimensional vectors instead of just in frenquencies?

Thank you for your time.

Siegfried Leung