[MMTK] MMTK 2.4 released

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Feb 9 15:55:40 CET 2004

MMTK 2.4 is available for download at the usual addresses:

  http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/MMTK/
  http://starship.python.net/~hinsen/MMTK/

Since 2.3.2 there have been only minor bugfixes, so 2.4 is nearly identical to
2.3.2.

Note that this is the last release compatible with Python 1.5. I don't have
Python 1.5 installed any more, and I do plan to use features from Python 2.2
in the future.

New features to look forward to in 2.5 are
- an XML (CML + extensions) representation of chemical systems
- the possibility to implement force field terms in Pyrex
  (http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/)
  (this will require Python 2.2)

Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr