[MMTK] MMTK and VRML viewers

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri Oct 31 18:49:10 CET 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 18:32, Fernandez-Alonso, F (Felix)  wrote:

> VRML viewer. To this end, I have installed a VRML viewer (lookat 0.14.2,
> source rpm: openvrml-0.14.2-1.src.rpm) on my system (Red Hat v9) and I have
> defined in my .bashrc file this program as VRML viewer, that is,
>
> export VRMLVIEVER=lookat

Try VRMLVIEWER  ;-)

Note also that VRML means VRML1. Not all recent viewers support that old
standard and require VRML2. If that is true for lookat, change VRML to VRML2
everywhere in the script and use the environment variable VRML2VIEWER.

Finally, you can also use VMD by replacing VRML by VMD everywhere in the
script. You must then have PDBVIEWER point to your VMD executable. I tend to
use VMD exclusively now, as all the VRML viewers I tried were slow or buggy.

Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr