[MMTK] MMTK and VRML viewers

Fernandez-Alonso, F (Felix) F.Fernandez-Alonso at rl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 31 18:32:38 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have recently installed MMTK on my system and I am now at a point of being
able to play around with the examples given in the distribution package.
Some of the examples provided (e.g., vector_field.py) require a VRML viewer.
To this end, I have installed a VRML viewer (lookat 0.14.2, source rpm:
openvrml-0.14.2-1.src.rpm) on my system (Red Hat v9) and I have defined in
my .bashrc file this program as VRML viewer, that is,

export VRMLVIEVER=lookat

However, when I try to run the aforementioned example I get a no-no message
of the type

No VRML viewer defined

Any tips?

Thanks,