[MMTK] Scientific python installation problems

Jonathan Turner Jonathan.Turner at lns.etat.lu
Mon Oct 6 11:27:58 CEST 2003

Hi Konrad and all the others on the MMTK list

Konrad was right, Mandrake had put python.h in a seperate package that
wasn't installed. This has now been installed, together with netCDF, numeric
python, and scientific python. Now, when I try and run one of the example
scripts I get :- segmentation fault (core dumped) as an error.

Now, I went through the script I used, and asked it to print ´line 1` etc...
going through the the script.

Now, it would appear that the whole installation is doing funny things as it
doesn't even get to the first line of the script.

I re-installed everything. I went in the order python2.2, numeric, netCDF,
scientific, then MMTK. Running the site.py script to identify site packages,
it doesn't recognise the netCDF - is this OK? (I assume that as it is not a
python package per se that it will be OK)

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks again!

Jon Turner

Dr J.D. Turner