[MMTK] "from source" Windows Installation

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at netscape.net
Sun Aug 31 16:25:51 CEST 2003

Hi all,

After some amount of effort, I finally got MMTK to install on my
WindowsXP box without everything crashing during the "Simple Example" in
the manual. Since I'm using Python2.3, I couldn't just use the binary
installer for 2.2. I've put the way that finally worked for me up on the
Wiki at http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/mmtk_wiki/WindowsInstallation.

Now, I make no guarantees that it'll work for anyone else, but it may
give someone a lead on how to troubleshoot.

Now to run through the rest of the manual - if I have to tweak the
installation to get further examples to run, I'll update the Wiki page.

Hope this helps someone,
-Rocco