[MMTK] Loading minimizer crashes python

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Aug 12 01:42:21 EDT 2003

On Mac OS X, netlib installed by fink is not found by ScientificPython's
setup.py file. This causes Python to crash due to a bus error when
importing some MMTK modules. I ran into the same problem earlier today;
the solution was to edit the setup.py file and add the location where to
find netlib. I wouldn't be surprised if it has problems finding netlib
on Windows machines also. So I would suggest to check ScientificPython's
setup.py and make sure it can find the right location for netlib. If it
does, you will notice that some C files get compiled when building
ScientificPython, in addition to the Python files.

--Michiel, U Tokyo.

--
Michiel de Hoon
Assistant Professor