[MMTK] MMTK on W2k problems

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Jul 14 17:42:29 EDT 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 19:09, Robin Maytum wrote:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in ?
>     universe = InfiniteUniverse(Amber94ForceField())
>   File "c:\python22\Lib\site-packages\MMTK\Universe.py", line 901, in
> __init__
>     self._createSpec()
>   File "c:\python22\Lib\site-packages\MMTK\Universe.py", line 919, in
> _createSpec
>     from MMTK_universe import InfiniteUniverseSpec
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> I'm guessing this has something to do with netcdf.dll ??

It shouldn't require netCDF at that stage. Assuming that MMTK_universe itself
is there, the failure should be for Numeric, the only module that is imported
by MMTK_universe.

> On building MMTK using mingw32 there are a very large number of warnings
> during the build process, mainly referring to unused variables, things
> defined and not used and a set of warnings in lapack like this :-

Forget about the LAPACK stuff, this is due to the peculiar coding style
produced by f2c. It's probably also safe to forget about the other stuff. I
have tried to minimize warnings such as the ones you mention, but the many
compile-time options often don't leave much choice. It's either the warning,
or a lot of complexity to get rid of it.

Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr