[MMTK] [PyMOL] pymol and mmtk (fwd)

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:42:16 +0100 (CET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:46:05 -0800
From: wgscott@chemistry.ucsc.edu
To: pymol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PyMOL] pymol and mmtk

Hi folks:

I just installed a python-based molecular modelling and dynamics
program called mmtk and am trying to get it to play nicely with pymol.
I can get it to use pymol as the default pdb displayer, but I can't
figure out how to make them talk intelligently to one another.  For
example, if I run a sample program from mmtk within pymol, everything
works but then it opens up another pymol window within pymol, which is
kind of annoying.

I've only used mmtk for about 37 seconds so I haven't managed to grok
it completely, but if there is an obvious quick solution to this please
let me know.

BTW if you want to install mmtk via fink on OS X I have an install
script here:

http://chemistry.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/xtal/xtalfink_html.html

Thanks in advance.

Bill Scott

William G. Scott

Associate Professor
and The Center for the Molecular Biology of RNA
Sinsheimer Laboratories
University of California at Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95064
USA