[MMTK] problems with molecular dynamics

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:52:39 +0100

>   One of my students confirmed this for Linux too. Two out of four
>   examples for normal mode analysis crash if NetCDF is not available,
>   although You indeed _can_ install Scientific and MMTK without NetCDF.
>   IIRC, these that crash were constrained_modes.py and modes.py .

That is very weird... You can indeed install Scientific Python without
NetCDF, it simply leaves out the NetCDF module. But then the MMTK
installation should fail because the file netcdf.h cannot be found.

If you have netcdf.h but not the associated library (libnetcdf.so or
libnetcdf.a), then you can install everything and have it crash at
runtime.