[MMTK] PyMol

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
22 Oct 2002 18:31:06 +0200

Eugen Leitl <eugen@leitl.org> writes:

> Konrad, how well does MMTK play together with PyMol?
> Is it in principle possible to integrate both packages into a whole?

I have an experimental MMTK module that uses PyMol for visualization.
When you run MMTK from PyMol, all the "view" operations automatically
use PyMol. Occasional the display is wrong (atom coordinates are
interchanged), and I could't yet figure out why. But overall it works.
If anyone wants a copy, just tell me.

However, at the moment the only way to use this combination is to run
MMTK scripts from within PyMol. For a visualization session this is
fine, but not really for development of MMTK scripts in which
visualization play only a minor role. For that reason, I hardly use
this myself, and I am not that much motivated to work on it. The new
PyMol release that Warren just announced should solve that problem.

Konrad.