[MMTK] failed in installation on windows?

Robert Kern kern@caltech.edu
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:49:42 -0700

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:06:03PM -0700, quch quch wrote:
> Hi, all,
> when I was trying to install the version 2.2b11 within
> python 2.2 under windows NT, I met the following
> errors:
> creating build\temp.win32-2.2\Release
> c1.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX -IInclude -Ie:\...
> error: command 'c1.exe' failed: No such file or
> directory

It's looking for MSVC's compiler which is Distutils' default for the
Windows platform. To force the use of MinGW, pass --compiler=mingw32 to
your build command. You can force the MinGW compiler for all builds by
making a pydistutils.cfg file (see the Distutils documentation) with the
following section:

## pydistutils.cfg begin

[build]
compiler=mingw32