[MMTK] Installation problem -- where is MMTK 2.2b6?

Pawel Kedzierski kedziers@pkmk486.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
Thu, 16 May 2002 22:31:27 +0200

Dear MMTK users,

  I wanted to give MMTK a try when I found it via "vaults of parnassus"
database on www.python.org. I found the MMTK home page at
http://starship.python.net/crew/hinsen/MMTK
and downloaded the version 2.0 of the library, which is stated as the current
one there.

I managed to compile it after a few minor tweaks (regarding paths to include
files arrayobject.h and netcdfmodule.h) and then stumbled upon a problem
when trying to run Examples/MolecularDynamics/argon.py:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Examples/MolecularDynamics/argon.py", line 8, in ?
    from MMTK.Dynamics import VelocityVerletIntegrator, VelocityScaler, \
  File "/home/kedziers/mmtk/MMTK-2.0/MMTK/Dynamics.py", line 12, in ?
    import MMTK_forcefield
ImportError: /home/kedziers/mmtk/MMTK-2.0/MMTK/linux2/MMTK_forcefield.so:
    undefined symbol: PyArray_API

I found a similar problem reported in the mmtk maillist archives, dated
28 May 2001: the problem should have regard Numeric version 20.0 only,
and the solution was to use alternate arrayobject.h and the version 2.2b6
of the MMTK library.

OK, so here are my concerns:
  * the problem is still there for Python 2.1.3, Numeric version 21.0;
  * well, i've fetched the header from
    ftp://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/pub/MMTK/arrayobject.h
    but where can i find MMTK 2.2b6? the home page links seem to be more than
    a year off-time... is there another (current) home page for MMTK?

Than you in advance

         Pawel Kedzierski

--
--> email: P.Kedzierski@mml.ch.pwr.wroc.pl