[MMTK] Problems installing MMTK on Windows

Michael Sorich mike_sorich@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:12:37 +0930

Thanks for the help

Sleep() does not work (returns error that it is undefined), but sleep()
does. With this change the build runs until completion. The few examples
I have run with MMTK seem to work.

In summary, the changes required to get MMTK-2.28b to build properly
using MinGW32 on Windows were:(1) to add " #define M_PI
3.14159265358979323846" to MINGW/include/math.h (so nonbonded.c will
compile); and (2) change usleep(10) in MMTK_forcefield.c to sleep(10).

Also, building MMTK with the MS Visual C++ and Borland C++ compiler does
not seem to work. Not sure what is going on with the Borland compiler,
but the Visual C++ error is due to problem finding the library m.lib in
the python libs. I found a similar bug reported on SourceForge for the
installation of Numeric 2.0. The details I could gather are below.
Perhaps it makes sense to someone.

####################
Request Id: 233049

This seems fairly clearly to be a problem with Numeric's
setup script, which specifies the 'm' library as required
for the umath module; presumably this library doesn't exist on
Windows.

Date: 2001-02-20 07:10
Sender: dubois
In setup.py remove the 'm' in the place that says
libraries=['m'].
We'll fix this in a future release.

Thanks again,

Michael Sorich
PhD Student
School of Pharmaceutical, Molecular and Biomedical Sciences
University of South Australia
Email: michael.sorich@postgrads.unisa.edu.au
           mike_sorich@hotmail.com