[MMTK] problems building mmtk 2.0

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
25 Sep 2001 18:48:43 +0200

Andrey Khavryuchenko <akhavr@kds.com.ua> writes:

> Which package arrayobject.h belongs to?

Numerical Python. Depending on which version of Numerical Python you
use, this file can end up in different places (or not be installed at
all). With recent versions, it is installed consistently (in the same
directory as the Python include files), but must be imported as
"Numeric/arrayobject.h" (newer MMTK releases do that, of course).

MMTK 2.0 is quite old by now, I recommend to use MMTK 2.2b7, which is
available from ftp://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/MMTK/. The only reason why
it is still "beta" is that I am not yet happy with the installation
process, but I don't have the time at the moment to analyze distutils
in detail to figure out how to do certain things. As it is, the
installation process should work on all platforms, but the C modules
are not compiled with the highest optimization level, which makes
a significant difference on some platforms.