[MMTK] Re: Minimization in MMTK2.2b6

Berit Hinnemann Berit.Hinnemann@fysik.dtu.dk
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:04:47 +0200

Dear Konrad,

indeed, the date at the top of my version of MMTK_minimization.c is
2000-5-21, so my version is too old.

Where can I actually get the new beta version of MMTK? I tried to access

ftp://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/pub/MMTK

but the ftp-sever is inaccessible. This was the place where I downloaded
MMTK2.2b6.tar.gz.
Could you maybe send me the new beta version, if I can't download it
somewhere (if it is only the two lines which are changed, I could do it
myself of course, but I guess there have been more changes as well)?

Thanks a lot,
Berit

Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> > concerning the minimization with fixed atoms, I am wondering about one
> > thing. In the Python part of the code "fixed" is an array consisting of
> > integers. In the C part of the code, it seems to be an array of
> > characters, because of (line 146 and 332)
> >
> > fix = (char *)fixed->data;
>
> That reads
>
>    fix = (long *)fixed->data;
>
> in my version, as it should. In fact, that is the bug that I mentioned
> earlier, which was fixed a few versions ago.
>
> What is the date listed at the top of your version of MMTK_minimization.c?
> Mine is 2000-6-12.
>
> Konrad.
> --
> Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
> Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire (CNRS) | Tel.: +33-2.38.25.56.24
> Rue Charles Sadron                       | Fax:  +33-2.38.63.15.17
> 45071 Orleans Cedex 2                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
> France                                   | Nederlands/Francais

Berit Hinnemann
Center for Atomic-Scale Materials Physics (CAMP)
Dept. of Physics, Technical University of Denmark
Building 307, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Phone: +45 4525 3209, Fax: +45 4593 2399