[MMTK] Another question.

Adam Hixson chixson@chemdept.chem.ou.edu
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:54:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Pure egoism ;-)  I use MMTK for my own
> research, so keeping it bug-free is a
> high priority task.

Well said.

While I'm distracting you, let me ask a final
question.

When I use the following feature:

universe.energyAndGradients(subunit1=foo
subunit2=foo2)

I seem to lose quite a bit of performance relative
to just:

universe.energyAndGradients(),

which is converse to what I expected.  Does this
happen with you, and if so, could you give an
educated guess as to the source of the loss of
speed?

Again, I'm using MMTK v.2.2b6 with Python 2.1.1.

Thanks.

=====
----
Adam Hixson