[MMTK] Re: Conjugate gradient minimization in 2.2b6

Berit Hinnemann Berit.Hinnemann@fysik.dtu.dk
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:23:50 +0200

> There is one more test I can think of: start Python with the option
> "-v" and see from where the module MMTK_minimization is loaded. I
> remember an MMTK user having old copies on the effective search path
> because there were multiple Python installations on his machine.
> RedHat's Python uses a different platform ID (linux-i386) than a
> standard Python installation under Linux (linux2).

I tried that and the modules are loaded from the right place. I checked
the
creation date of the shared object "MMTK_minimization.so" and it was
created at the
time when MMTK 2.2b6 was installed and used for the first time.

I will install the newer versions of python and Numeric together with
MMTK on my home computer which also runs RedHat 7.1 and try that out and
I try to install a newer version of python locally on my office machine
and see what that does. That'll take some time (I am also going to
Germany for a week now) but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Berit

--
Berit Hinnemann
Center for Atomic-Scale Materials Physics (CAMP)