[MMTK] Re: Conjugate gradient minimization in 2.2b6

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:22:33 +0200

> I tried that and it works without raising an error. I could also
> construct a TrajectorySet object. Could maybe the old Python version
> 1.5.2 be the problem?

I can't see how, the minimization code is pure C, with almost no calls
to the Python library. But I haven't tested anything with 1.5.2 for a
few months.

There is one more test I can think of: start Python with the option
"-v" and see from where the module MMTK_minimization is loaded. I
remember an MMTK user having old copies on the effective search path
because there were multiple Python installations on his machine.
RedHat's Python uses a different platform ID (linux-i386) than a
standard Python installation under Linux (linux2).